Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back in Brisbane

I'm back from my field trip adventures, and have moved into my homestay.  It is in a suburb of Brisbane, in a quiet neighborhood.  There is a lot of wildlife around (mostly birds), and there is a park just down the street with a lovely creek running through it.
The family seems very nice.  My "host mum" lives upstairs (where I am), and her daughter and granddaughter live downstairs.  They have a guinea pig, two cats, and a dog.  All of the animals live outside.  The dog is quite literally the male equivalent of Kaeldra - big yellow lab, young (1 year old), barks, jumps, and is kept outside because he eats/destroys everything.  He particularly enjoys electrical wires and plugs.

Regular classes start on Monday, so I have the weekend to settle in, get oriented, and start working on my Heron Island research report.

No comments:

Post a Comment